Sunday, December 26, 2010

[NEWS]Shin Hae Chul Expresses Anger Regarding People Abusing His Lyrics To Mock SHINee

During his “2010 Shin Hae Chul with N.EX.T Christmas Concert” on December 24th, singer Shin Hae Chul expressed his anger at having his songs misused by netizens. Reportedly, netizens have been using his songs as tools to mock idols with.

Shin started, “I wrote the lyrics, ‘The classroom with the white star that shines through a hazy window, when the life before us comes to an end,’ when I was 21 years old.”

He continued, “On the internet, I saw these lyrics being compared to SHINee’s ‘Ring Ding Dong,’ which makes no sense because I wrote those lyrics when I was feeling overwhelmed with my sense of identity as I stood on the threshold of adulthood.”

Last summer, controversy swirled around the two artists, as netizens compared the lyrics of Shin Hae Chul to SHINee’s “Ring Ding Dong,” calling it “22 year old Shin Hae Chul VS average age 20 SHINee.” At the time, netizens mocked SHINee’s “nonsense” lyrics against Shin Hae Chul’s supposedly more meaningful one.

Regarding the controversy, Shin continued, “I don’t know what the difference is regarding the worth of lyrics from idols who sing for fun, and from my lyrics (which were written out of a superfluous sense of identity). I didn’t like that my lyrics were used to mock idols who have done no wrong. It felt horribly wrong.”

Shin’s name was also used by netizens in Tablo’s controversy, after they found out that Shin rejected the acceptance of an honors graduation award from his alma mater. Regarding the issue, he stated, “I didn’t accept the diploma because I didn’t graduate, why does that have to be used in mocking Tablo? The goal of making music is not to mock others. It’s for people to enjoy it, so let’s just enjoy it.

cr: NEWSEN via Nate
sc: AKP

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...